NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
Raising standards in the Oil and Gas industry in the UAE
Please note: With Astutis you can take the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate as an Incompany course only.
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is an accredited qualification designed to improve health and safety within the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. It's aimed at managers, supervisors and health and safety advisors and covers safety management, hydrocarbon process safety, fire protection and emergency response.
|NEBOSH International Oil & Gas Course Key Facts
||1 unit: IOG1
||2 hour written exam
Benefits of the NEBOSH International Oil and Gas Certificate
- Ensure a safe workplace - proactive health and safety management helps protect people from injury and loss of life and looks after your property, assets and investment.
- Avoid high costs - the impact of workplace accidents can damaging to businesses as they deal with the direct costs of damage to property, loss of production, sick pay and compensation, as well as harm to business reputation and profitability.
- Prevent prosecution - both employers and managers can face prosecution (heavy fines and imprisonment) if they've been found to neglect their health and safety legal duties.
The NEBOSH International Oil and Gas Certificate focuses on operational process safety and is designed to help learners understand how to apply and implement effective process safety management across all areas of their operation. It's based on international best practice, helping to raise the standard of health and safety within the oil and gas industry globally.
Who is the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate course for?
- Companies working to international standards who are looking to implement effective safety and process safety management across all areas of their operation.
- Those responsible for ensuring safety as part of their day to day duties in the oil and gas or petrochemicals industries, including managers, supervisors, employee representatives and newly appointed health and safety advisors.
What does the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate cover?
The course consists of 1 unit:
- Unit IOG1: The Management of International Oil and Gas Operational Safety
The syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards and covers safety management, hydrocarbon process safety, fire protection and emergency response.
Read the full NEBOSH International Oil and Gas Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate assessed?
There is a 2-hour written exam made up of 10 'short-answer' questions questions and 1 'long-answer' question. Papers are marked by external examiners who are appointed by NEBOSH.
Flexible, cost effective training for your staff
Our accredited online courses offer a convenient and easy way for you to train your staff in health and safety without disrupting day-to-day activities.
- Significant discounts on group bookings.
- Modern, interactive learning developed by our team of learning designers, subject matter experts and multimedia developers.
- Easy to use, award-winning software.
- Relevant workplace scenarios using multimedia-rich activities.
- Ongoing account management from your personal account manager.
- Support from our e-learning team on all aspects of the course.
- Time-saving reports for managers with personalised dashboard for staff progress.
- Individual and group progress
- Detailed analysis of course assessments
- Time spent on the course
- Course completion and marks achieved