- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- QSA Auditor.
- Train the Trainer Manual Handling.
- City and Guilds Certificate in Teaching Practice 7407 Parts 1 and 2.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
- BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- CMIOSH Chartered Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
- AIEMA Associate Membership of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.
- Member of the Institute for Learning.
Lorna has over 22 years’ in health and safety project management experience and training in both the public and private sectors. During her safety career, she has worked for a major UK bank, a housing trust, local authorities and BP Alternative Energy for projects including biomas, wind farms and a CHP plant. Lorna has also carried out developmental work to create and deliver tailored health and safety training programmes for many international Blue Chip clients including EBRD, Historic Royal Palaces, Royal Academy of Arts, Shell and South Western Railway to name but a few, as well as numerous Local Authorities and NHS Trusts.
Lorna has considerable experience developing Permit to Work permitting systems, accident investigation, health and safety auditing among a range of other consultancy services, working with such clients as CAFCASS, EDF Energy, HSBC and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals to name but a few.
Lorna is a well respected trainer of accredited NEBOSH, IOSH and in-company courses, using her training qualifications and professional experience to bring concepts to life for learners and enable them to apply them to their workplace. As a NEBOSH examiner, she has successfully trained and supported many delegates to achieve their NEBOSH Diploma and is a member of the Astutis e-learning support team.