IOSH Working Safely Course Syllabus
IOSH Working Safely is an essential health and safety certificate which gives learners an understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
The course consists of 4 parts and is assessed by a multiple choice test and hazard spotting exercise.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand their health and safety responsibilities and why it's important to work safely.
- Understand the difference between hazards and risks.
- Be able to identify common workplace hazards.
- Appreciate and improve upon safety performance within the workplace.
Full Course Syllabus
Part 1: Introducing working safely
- What is meant by “health andsSafety”
- Accident theory
- The moral, legal and financial reasons to work safely
Part 2: Defining hazard and risk
- The 5-step Risk Assessment Process
Part 3: Identifying common hazards
- How to identify, prevent and control a range of workplace hazards
Part 4: Improving safety performance
- Health and Safety Management System: Plan - Do - Check - Act
- The health and safety responsibilities of: individuals, safety representatives, contractors and enforcement officers
- Systems and Procedures including: emergency procedures, Safe Systems of Work, PPE, Permit-to-Work, safety signs, first aid arrangements and accident reporting
The course is assessed by a multiple choice online test consisting of 10 questions, and an application of learning hazard-spotting exercise.
Choose how to learn
Interactive online course with tutor support
Find out more