- BSc (Hons) Psychology (First Class)
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- City and Guilds Further & Adult Education Teaching Certificate 7307
- BIOH P402 Asbestos Surveyor
- RSA Certificate of Professional Competence (Road Haulage)
- BSI OHSAS:18001 Lead Auditor
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health.
- RMaPS Registered CDMC Member of the Association for Project Safety.
- OHSCR UK Professional Health & Safety Consultants Register.
David is a Chartered Safety Practitioner with more than 20 years’ experience in the provision of health and safety training and consultancy, having previously worked with the Astutis Management for over 10 years in the UK’s foremost health, safety and environmental training provider. Starting his career in logistics and specialist air crew with the Ministry of Defence, David was subsequently appointed as Staff Master Driver and held key posts in military operational and professional training establishments in the UK and Europe. After his successful military career, David directed his leadership and management skills towards developing a second career as a health and safety professional.
Areas of Expertise
David has considerable experience in the delivery of the full NEBOSH suite of courses including the NEBOSH National and International Diploma and NEBOSH Fire and Construction Certificates. David also presents the complete range of IOSH courses from Safety for Senior Executives through to Working Safely as well as more specific courses such as Asbestos Awareness, Behavioural Safety, Risk Assessment, Accident Investigation, CDM, Management of Contractors etc. David is also accredited to deliver CIEH training courses.
David has been responsible for the development and delivery of many successful tailored training solutions for some of the largest employers in the UK and overseas, including Akzo Nobel, BOC, BP, British Gas, Carillion, Coca Cola, Fenner Group, Johnson Matthey, Jotun Paint, Lafarge Cement, Saint Gobain, Shell, Teva and Rolls Royce to name a few. In addition to training, David also delivers consultancy solutions, he is an OHSAS:18001 Lead Auditor and carries out general and specific risk assessments, including fire, manual handling, chemicals, noise and vibration etc.