Cookies Used on AstutisInternational.com
- Cookies are necessary to allow you to log in, use advanced navigation features, and store your preferences.
- Cookies can also be used for Analytical Purposes, where anonymous data about your visit is recorded and used to improve the website.
- Astutis aims to use your preferences to provide the best content we can whilst respecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information.
- You can check your preferences below and update them should you wish to:
What is a 'cookie'?
Cookies are a common Internet technology that assign a unique identification to your computer and store the detail on only your computer's hard drive via a facility in your web browser.
Cookies are used on this site. They are used to keep track of the information you have given us during your visits to the site. The cookie stored on your computer is simply a numeric identifier that we use to identify you as you move around the site and so you can retrieve information you have previously sent to our server.
Astutis International website cookie
The Astutis International website uses a “session cookie” to identify your browser “session” as you move between pages on the website and perform activities.
The website cookie allows this website to recognise each subsequent request from your browser as being the same browser that made the initial request to this website.
By knowing that each subsequent request is related to the first, this website is able to track your actions as you move around the website and to provide interactive features. By analysing how this website is being used in general, we can improve the website experience for future visitors. Should you experience any problems in using this website, our website developers may be able to use this information to track down your specific “user journey” and investigate and fix any issues that might arise.
The cookie itself is a very small text file that is stored on your device (for example, your PC or your phone) by your web browser. It contains a simple text code that your browser sends back to our website each time you browse to a new page. This allows the website to look up your specific session and associate data for that session with your browser. The data itself is not stored in your cookie but on the server(s) operating the website.
Each page on our website is generated by a Content Management System (CMS). This system provides a number of interactive features where your experience may be tailored according to your past activity on the website. Such features require the “session cookie” to operate.
- The session cookie provides the ability for you to log on to our website using your unique user name (or email address) and password.
- Each page on this website may be tailored to you uniquely, based on your past activity on the website, for example to show your name.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember your log on state and hence your discussion forum preferences, such as your nickname and the date of your last post.
- The session cookie provides the means for you to take part in votes (or polls) on the website.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember that you have submitted a form so that you are not asked to re-submit it.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember which files you have requested to be sent to you by email and the date and time at which such requests were made.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember whether you have ‘like’d our Facebook page.
As our website is improved over time, similar and more advanced features may be added that also require a “session cookie” to operate.
Analytical tool cookies
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google")
- These tools are used to collect anonymous data that allows us to improve the functionality of our websites and make them more useful to you and easier to use
- By accepting cookies on this website you consent to our privacy practices as well as those of Google Analytics as outlined or linked to in this policy
About Google Analytics, Google Ads and other Google products
- Astutis use Google Analytics Solutions free analytics tools to measure website, digital and offline data to gain insights.
- Google Analytics cookies store information such as the number of visits to the website and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Astutis use the information to view reports about how visitors interact with the website so that it can be improved.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
- Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- By accepting cookies on this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- Astutis uses other Google products such as Google Ads, Search Console and Data Studio and these are linked to Google Analytics. These tools are used to advertise the website as well as analyse the usage of it as outlined above and performance of our advertising/campaigns.
- Astutis uses Google Ads to advertise some products. Google provides us a unique ID, called a "GCLID", for every click that comes to this website from ad. Astutis is only sent a GCLID if a conversion, such as filling out a form, takes place. To measure Google Ads performance Astutis can give that GCLID back to Google along with a few details about the type of conversion that it was and when it happened. None of your personal data is imported into Google Ads.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Astutis and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website.
- Useful links for futher information about privacy, these cookies and how to opt-out:
Opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites - http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Ad personalisation with Google - https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
Controlling and deleting cookies
You may restrict or block the cookies which are set by this website, or any other website, through your browser settings or on this page.
To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.